Relevant Event: Increase of the equity interest of IFM Spain in OPI up to an additional 10%

OHL Mexico S.A.B de C.V. (“OHL Mexico” or “the Company”) (BMV: OHLMEX) informs that, pursuant to the relevant event dated of October 4, 2016, whereby it was informed to the public investors that the Company entered into an agreement with IFM Global Infrastructure Fund (“IFM Investors”), a global fund administrator, to increase through its subsidiary Global InfraCo Spain, S.L.U. (previously Woodside Spain, S.L.U (“IFM Spain”), its equity interest up to 24.01% in Organización de Proyectos de Infraestructura, S.A.P.I. de C.V. (“OPI) (the “Operation”), through the execution of several agreements between OHL Mexico and IFM Spain, by means of which they agreed to implement the Operation in two subsequent phases.

The first phase of the Operation, which closed on April 27, 2017, and that was announced through a relevant event that same date, consisted in the acquisition by IFM Spain of the 14% of OPI’s capital stock. The price paid by IFM Spain on the first phase of the Operation totals $5,224 million Pesos. Thus, IFM Investors increased its indirect equity participation in OPI from 24.99% to 38.99% and OHL Mexico maintained control over OPI with 61.01%.

The second phase of the Operation, same that successfully concluded today, consisted in the increase of the equity interest of IFM Spain, in the capital stock of OPI up to an additional 10.01% to obtain the 49% originally agreed as of October 2016. The price paid by IFM Spain on the second phase of the Operation was approximately of approximately $3,870 million Pesos. Now that the second phase has been consummated, IFM Investors increased its indirect equity participation in OPI from 38.99% up to 49% and OHL Mexico maintained control over OPI with an equity interest of 51%.

The decision to implement the Operation in two phases seeks to satisfy the current needs of liquidity for the operation of OHL Mexico and its concessions. The Operation is in accordance with OHL México strategy of rotating mature assets and reinforcing the financial capacity of the Company. This Operation confirms the success of the partnership between OHL México and IFM Investors.

OPI is a company controlled by Concesionaria Mexiquense (“Conmex”), which is responsible for the operation of the Outer Loop of the State of Mexico (Circuito Exterior Mexiquense), a toll freeway of 110 km located in the State of México, which covers 18 municipalities of the State of México and links the northeast section of Mexico City.

Download document
Back to Relevan Events

adminRelevant Event: Increase of the equity interest of IFM Spain in OPI up to an additional 10%