Mexico City, Mexico, October 24, 2019.- In line with Aleatica’s global efforts to continue to strengthen corporate governance in all the geographies in which it operates Aleatica, S.A.B. de C.V. (the “Company”) informs the market that today, the Board of Directors of the company appointed Mr. Kenneth Frederick Daley – also known as Ken Daley, as interim director and president of the Board, in line with the Company’s bylaws; and its shareholders have approved changes to the composition of specific committees of its Board of Directors.
The appointments, which strengthen the role of independent board members and proactively rotate the chairmanship of the Board of Directors, and the Audit and Corporate Practices Committees, follow international best practices and the corporate integrity priorities and guidelines that, as its controlling shareholder, IFM Investors has set.
The appointment of Mr. Ken Daley as interim director and president of the Board follows the resignation of Mr. Juan Luis Osuna Gomez as announced by the Company on 9 October. Mr. Daley, who has also been appointed as CEO of Aleatica SAU, has four decades of experience within the global toll road sector having served as CEO of the Indiana Toll Road and previously as a senior executive for Transurban in Australia and the US, working on numerous projects throughout Europe, the US, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Mr. Ken Daley has extensive experience under the IFM Investors’ network in senior executive capacities and brings a profound understanding of IFM’s operating standards, practices and values.
In addition to the appointment of Mr. Ken Daley, as interim director and president of the Board, the other key changes that have been enacted include:
- The Audit and Corporate Practices Committees are now fully comprised of independent directors. As independent director, Alberto Felipe Mulás Alonso has been elected to replace Juan Luis Osuna Gómez within the Corporate Practices Committee. As a result, both the Audit and Corporate Practices Committees will be exclusively comprised of independent directors. Mr. Mulas joined the Aleatica Board in 2018 and has a long track record and experience in investment banking, corporate finance, governance practices and strategic planning activities in the transportation and infrastructure sectors, having previously served as independent board member at RCO and ICA, where he was a member of the Corporate Practices committee for the latter and currently serving on the boards of OMA, Fibra Uno, and IENOVA in addition to Aleatica.
- The rotation of chairmanship in both the Audit and Corporate Practices Committees has been completed among existing committee members. Independent director and member of the Corporate Practices Committee José Guillermo Kareh Aarun will replace independent director Antonio Hugo Franck Cabrera as president of the Corporate Practices Committee; Independent director and member of the Audit Committee Francisco Javier Soni Ocampo will replace Carlos Cárdenas Guzmán as president of the Audit Committee. Mr. Franck and Mr. Cardenas had served in these positions since November 25, 2015.
As a result, the Audit Committee will now be comprised of:
- Francisco Javier Soni Ocampo, president.
- Carlos Cárdenas Guzmán, member.
- Luis Miguel Vilatela Riba, member.
Similarly, the Corporate Practices Committee will now be comprised of:
- José Guillermo Kareh Aarun, president.
- Alberto Felipe Mulás Alonso, member.
- Antonio Hugo Franck Cabrera, member.
Other changes approved during the shareholders meeting include the appointment of José Ignacio Rivero Andere as Secretary of the Board, replacing Jose Salem. In addition, José Victor Torres will not continue to serve as a board member.
The changes effected by the Board of Directors and at the Shareholders Meeting evidence the Company’s commitment to and the shareholders’ support of Aleatica’s continued efforts to further strengthen corporate governance.